Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Thursday 14 April 2011

Project 3 - Backing Fabric Decisions!

I've only sewn on one of the fat blue borders to the Spring Garden Trellis quilt as yet, but my thoughts are turning to what I am going to use as backing fabric.



I had got this squirrelled away for the purpose (which started life as a 100% cotton single duvet cover, bought at one of the Walsall Hospice charity shops for the grand sum of £1.75)


But then today I happened to spot this (which started life as a pair of 100% cotton curtains, bought at one of the Birmingham Settlement shops for the grand sum of £5), which ties up with the Spring colours really well, and brings in a floral/impressionist splash to compliment the geometric design of the front.


Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...