Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Thursday 21 April 2011

Project 3 - Quilting Musing II

I've gone from the back of an envelope quilting design to a paper template - it's amazing what you can do on an Excel spreadsheet!

Actually, given that I have the creative ability of your average plate of stew, I'm really rather pleased with this.

I have some thin translucent plastic sheets which I'll trace the design on to, then cut round, then I can centre the template on each block trace round with the air-pen and get machining.

Oh - except I've never done it before, so I guess I'd better have a practise first...

2 comments:

  1. Exciting, I can't wait to see it progressing, but I'm guessing with the weather that you'll be doing more gardening than sewing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, Hazel! I have complete trust in your ability to quilt this quilt beautifully. I recently followed an online how-to series for machine quilting and the first thing we did was to make a practise quilt. Just sandwish fabric and batting together and do the stitching on it before you go to your quilt. I still use mine and even look at the stitches for ideas on what to use.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...