Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Selective Memory!

I said the other day, "When I first thought about quilting Spring Garden Trellis, I......had a vague thought in my mind that I wanted use a leaf motif to quilt around the borders."

Oh no I didn't! Utter rubbish!

According to this post in April, I said, "I was thinking about half-flowers," after SewAli commented, "That's a great motif, you could go for something leafy around the border."

So thank you, Ali, for an excellent suggestion!

6 comments:

  1. Artistic licence? it looks great whatever your inspiration source ☺ More to the point, are you still enjoying it and can you see yourself using the quilt when it is finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaf design goes so perfectly, and you are placing them perfectly. You are becoming my quilt muse;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, wherever the idea came from, it's looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just catching up on blogs after a busy couple of weeks. There is no way I would have remembered a random comment on your blog when you were starting the quilting, hee, hee, you would have got away with claiming the idea no problem! I do like the way you've interpreted it though, the leaves look very professional and I'm really looking forward to seeing this quilt finished. It won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes and yes, Bilbo. :) ('ere - how do you get blogger to accept little smilies?)

    You flatter me, Joanna - thank you!

    Thanks, Sue.

    I was more surprised that I genuinely thought it I'd come up with the idea than I thought you'd be put out, Ali - but doesn't the mind plays tricks? Roaring through the home straight now - just have to remember what I learned about binding from the Project 1 mats & runner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ('ere - how do you get blogger to accept little smilies?)

    Use a Mac ..... all I do is click "insert" from the Character Viewer window♥

    If you Google, I believe there used to be some code that you added to a blog template so that smiley coding worked but I never tried it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...