Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

Ta Da!

...or At Long Bloody Last.

I've finished all twenty of the flower motifs on the Spring Garden Trellis quilt. Hurrah!

However, before any champagne corks are popped, it is worth remembering that I have twelve circles to quilt in the bits between the flowers, and then have to work out how to quilt the borders...

5 comments:

  1. That's bluddy lovely you know, quite lovely!

    I have twelve circles to quilt in the bits between the flowers

    Can I make a suggestion? Don't do circles. Circles is HARD! It is a shape the brain knows so well that if you go offline even a smidgeon then it will look really wonky (hearts are similarly difficult, ask me how I know this!!) Consider a smaller 'flower' shape which compliments the bigger shape you've already done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo. That's looking great. I bet you're thrilled to have got to this point with it. Your quilting makes me feel totally inadequate - I struggle to machine quilt straight lines, let alone doing things like circles and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good Hazel, I bet you can't wait to finish it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing wonderful work on your quilt. I think you came up with a neat quilt design that works well with this quilt top. I can't wait to see it with the binding on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, Bilbo - see next post! I'm going to take your idea of smaller flowers for the corners, though, much better than the circles that I had in mind!

    You're very kind, Sue, thank you. :)

    I feel that I'm on the home straight now, Ali - the quilting seems to have taken forever and a day!

    I can't wait, either, Joanna - maybe I'll get quicker with practise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...