Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 11 September 2011

Christmas Quiltalong! September, pt3

Once I had decided to replace the original brown-green-brown connector blocks, Sue commented, "At least the railfence blocks are quick to do."

And my goodness, she is right! Half an hour at the machine last night, finishing off and pressing this morning - it really has not taken long at all to bang together these twenty blocks in from my pile of cut pieces.

The next step is to make sure that I am happy with the layout, and to get these into a single piece - and looking ahead, there is a Scary Cutting Alert, but I'll take a deep breath and cross that bridge when I come to it!

9 comments:

  1. Woww, Hazel, that looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look wonderful! They set the stars off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I am so scared of cutting I sometime wonder why I decided to take up quilting. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you! Be careful because at this rate we can no longer call you a novice quiltmaker!

    Now it's done are you glad you changed the railfence blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did it Hazel! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. I like the way these pulls the colors into your stars. So what are you going to do with those extra rail fence blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the effect the fences have with the stars. Your fabric choices really work together. Looks really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This softens up and show cases your stars so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt! Glad to hear that some parts were easier than you thought that is always nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...