Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 11 September 2011

Christmas Quiltalong! September, pt4

I'm more caught up with everyone else now that I have the blocks all pieced - I do have Scary Cutting to do, but I'm going to come at that fresh on another day.

I'm surprised that I had to do very little wrangling to match up the blocks - some of the star ones from earlier in the year don't bear a great deal of close scrutiny, but somehow they are all together pretty well now.

Of course, now I'm having a dither about what to use as the borders. I'd really like to pick up the colour of the roses for a thin border, then yellow/gold for a fat border and grey binding. Or maybe not. Up for discussion...

Well, I've had a lovely QAL weekend, thank you to Sue and Cathi - and I'm having a great deal of fun seeing all the different versions of Scatty Stars coming together. I think that Cathi said something about a gallery of all the finished quilts, which is just a superb idea - I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Great job!! Can't wait to see how you finish it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks just wonderful. Don't worry, the Scary Cutting bit isn't all that scary, honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Hazel, your ideas for the border colours sound spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks went together so easily because you did such a good job sewing them! And maybe the directions hahaha. Looking good, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...