Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

Not Quite Quilting

I suspect that it is lack of organisation rather than just having too much on the go currently, but it does seem to be leaving me short of sewing time - bah!

I had wanted to finish the quilting on Mum's Quilt before this weekend as big sister Helen is visiting, and it is the first time that she has seen the quilt 'in the flesh' since we picked out the fabrics when she was last here in December.

I haven't completed the quilting though - but that did not stop us going back to the Cotton Patch to buy the fabric for the side pieces of this quilt, and it was a lovely day out all in all.

But just to show that I'm thinking about quilting even if I'm not actually doing it, here's a pic of some curtains that I bought in the charity shop the other day for £4.50. There's about 3m of cotton here - the linings are poly/cotton, but if I follow Donna's lead on the dressmaking front, I might try my hand and running up a blouse.

That's when I get a spare minute, obviously.

10 comments:

  1. It's the thought that counts anyway. And sometimes the only thing that keeps us sane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started quilting at the beginning of last year, Bilbo and QuiltSue said 'you start to see patterns for quilting everywhere you look', and they are right - you're quilting even when you're not quilting!

      Delete
  2. Hope you're managing to keep on top of the multiple spinning plates :} Don't forget how much curtain linings shrink when washed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of. :{

      It was the cotton curtain fronts that shrank on this pair - the polycotton linings now show (but not for long once I get my unpicker into action!)

      Delete
  3. You're a real quilter these days, your post could have been written by any one of us LOL! Life does have a habit of getting in the way sometimes, but quilting is always there when we need it. I'm just looking at the link to my blog on the right and it's 4 MONTHS since I last posted anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I want to press on with this particular quilt for mum (something to do with her saying 'hurry up!' whenever the subject is mentioned! ;)), I see what you mean about quilting being a pick-up-and-put-down hobby. It'll be ready when I am, next time round.

      Delete
  4. Finishing a quilt seems to be the hardest part for me. I think you are particular about your work so that when this quilt is finished it will be just as you want it to be and very beautiful. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other quilts I have made have quilted up easier than this one - I love my daisy chains but there's something nagging me about the doodled daisies in the blocks. Hmm hmm. It'll come right in the end though, I know.

      Delete
  5. The quilt will be just beautiful when it's finished, but yes, life does get in the way of quilting sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I get the binding on the top, and can see where I'm going with the side pieces, I'll be back on a roll, I'm sure, Sue!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...