Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

Christmas Quiltalong Jul - pt1

How can it be July already?  But it is, and it is the Christmas Quiltalong today! So it's out with the Christmas music to get us in the mood, and over to the west coast of America to see Lynn at Sew'n Wild Oaks Quilting.

I have decisions to make about the layout of my Festive Mystery Quilt - maybe this one - although I am not above pinching one of the other girls' designs brilliant designs, let me tell you - and then the baby mats to crack on with.

And lots of other things on the go too, today, so I'd better get going!

8 comments:

  1. Do you know how pretty your quilt is? It is a "wow" quilt! I would stop right here and go with this arrangement. A wonderful centre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there as soon as I've finished my coffee. Our hostess won't be up for hours and hours yet, so we'll be well ahead of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That layout looks really nice to me and I may pinch it from you. I need inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your arrangement is quite lovely but if you want to copy one you have seen online think of it as "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery" rather than pinching someone else's design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - keep your layout as is - just lovely. I am anxiously awaiting Lynn to rise, in the mean time I am quilting up some doll quilts for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous as is! It will be a show-stopper come Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm awake girls! Your layout looks wonderful Hazel.....and so does your little kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I looked at your design again and enlarged the picture, I loved how the gold colour in your neutral appears to be forming a circle, a bit like a wreath of gold tinsel in each of the neutral areas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...