Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

Christmas Quiltalong - Aug pt1

Blog Button

Goodness me, where does the time go? It's Christmas Quiltalong Saturday, and we're all off to South Caroline to Cathi's at Shakerwood Quilts!!

I suspect that today I am going to be distracted from piecing the blocks for the Mystery Quilt - Big Sister Helen is up for the weekend, and it is a busy weekend for my other hobby.


But that will not stop me from getting at least the labels re-sewn for the baby mats such that the date is right, along with the mother's name - d'oh!  C is now home from hospital with two little bundles of joy, and I plan to pop over to see them early next week, so I can't muck about!

Right - off to run around the world and see what you're all up to...

10 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your quilt top put together. The enlarged picture shows some really pretty fabric scraps that you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well that might not be as soon as I thought - big sister Helen has been up for the weekend and has put in her tuppence worth and has come up with some pretty snazzy designs which I will have to have a think about...

      Delete
  2. sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Mrs P - must update the allotment block with the photos of the Hill Show!

      Delete
  3. Hang on, isn't your sister a quilter? Why not "persuade" her to piece your quilt for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't tell you what she said when I put this to her...!

      Delete
  4. I hope we get to see the finished quilt top. I like your colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, Carolyn (and hello!), once I'm happy with the layout, it won't take long to zooooooooom together!

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoyed your day. Did you get your sister sitting at the sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen - nope, Helen was took busy beating me with her baking skills in the local produce show! Will update
      the allotment blog with the news!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...