Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 8 September 2012

Christmas Quiltalong, September - pt2

How are you getting on, girls?

I've more or less finished getting ready for the party - the washing is out, the house is clean (or more so than it was at any rate).  I'm coming to this Christmas quiltalong party as a BEACH BABE because the sun is shining!

I'm going to have to get some cocktails or some punch on the go, aren't I? Perhaps I shall do that once I've baked some Christmas cookies - I'm on my way to the kitchen now after FINALLY finishing the mystery quilt piecing.

Then it's on with the borders, and getting it sandwiched.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hope you don't catch a cold cos you're not wearing a vest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the hottest day of the year today, Sue - but even so I confess I wasn't wearing my party outfit when I nipped up the road for a paper earlier!

      Delete
  2. Oh, if I dressed like that I'd scare everyone! Love the quilt colors and sweet helper. Hmm, a cookie with my lunch sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably scared the cat, Sharon - you note he's only about on the quilt & not when I have my party gear on!

      Delete
  3. the quilt is a show stopper. I wish I hadn't fallen soooo far behind with this QAL (got terribly sick at the start):O\
    By the way...nice coconuts!
    Have a great day sewing away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a race, Carolyn, and the instructions are all still up on Lesley's blog header if you want to play along at your own speed.

      Gotta love those foam formed bikini tops - doesn't matter what ya got (or not), ya still get nice coconuts! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Look at you! I'm not sure I would bake cookies in that outfit, and recommend you use a full apron for protection;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Joanna - don't want to get too near the blender in this get-up!

      Delete
  5. You're having way too much fun changing your clothes all day :}

    Quilt top looks fabbo, laying very flat too. Well done kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked like a mad jumble sale in my bedroom last night with just about every single item in my wardrobe hoiked out and tried on - perhaps that's what it's like for those supermodels??

      Got all the seams laying the right way (for once!) - so much easier to piece & press!

      Delete
  6. lol thats quite the outfit now I feel a little over dressed over here...lol

    Lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always get too warm at parties, though, don't you? I reckon I have it just right! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...