Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Shopping

Not much to see here - I'm working on the binding for Granny Helen's baby mat still.  Nearly finished, though, so just a label to sew and attach.

I can show you what I bought when I went shopping at the weekend.

I had a Cotton Patch gift voucher burning a hole in my pocket, and without a specific project in mind, I planned to look at charm packs, or fat quarters which would fit in with some of my existing fabrics.

I found this pack of twenty 10" squares in yellow/green which I think will be perfect.

I also bought some thread to quilt the Festive Mystery - a variegated cream (at Sue's excellent suggestion) for the back, and a zinging metallic Christmas red/green/gold for the front, which I fell in love with.  It will either be utterly perfect, or an absolute disaster and FAR TOO MUCH.

I look forward to seeing which it will be!

2 comments:

  1. That thread will really give your quilt some bling. It looks gorgeous. Just remember though to check your tension before you start as the top thread looks as though it might be a bit slippy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be able to give it a go later this week, Sue, I think that you are right that it will be a bit tricky to work with. The lady at the shop sold me a pack of big-eyed machine needles to make threading easier, so we shall see!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...