Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

A Start and A Finish - and a Finish

Last year Dave-next-door asked if I would make a case to protect his new laptop and he was very pleased with what I knocked together.  So much so that when Patti-next-door had a new laptop recently, they asked me if I would make one for her too.

It's the same 'folder' style with the flap secured with velcro, but I used a slightly different technique for this one.

Rather than put a sandwich together, sew the edges (right sides together) and turn inside out; I put a fold in the sandwich to the size of the laptop, then I put the binding round the edges of the case shape as if I was edging a quilt.  I was very pleased with this, and Patti was delighted too.

And - on schedule, ready for her visit next weekend - I have finished the binding and label for the baby mat for Granny Helen to give to baby Thomas Lester.

Pictures of the end result, therefore, next weekend, but for now, a tiny peek of the label...

8 comments:

  1. What a sweetie you are to make these covers for your friends! Looks like a perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to make, Lesley, and come together very quickly. Spread a little happiness if you can, I say!

      Delete
  2. Now I'm just slightly worried about your spelling here - neither Thomas nor Lester start with A or D!

    No doubt all will become clear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that L & F liked the baby mat, big sis - It's nice to be able to put the pics up for posterity!

      Delete
  3. That's very clever, I can quite see why the Next-Doors are happy with them.
    Now let's hope that he-whose-name-doesn't-start-with-A-or-D is just as happy with his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all went down very well indeed, Sue - both the lap top case for the next-doors, and the mat with Master Thomas' parents - although 3 month old Master T is keeping his opinion to himself!

      Delete
  4. Just trying to say 'hi'. Oh my how we depend upon these dratted machines and Google services these days and only notice when it all goes wrong (which, invariably, will always happen just before Christmas ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and breathe...

      Actually, you have been haven't you? Well done for getting out on the fells - it looks like you all enjoyed yourselves. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...